Dr. Marcus Opitz
I am a specialized and highly operational manager (CFO/CRO/CEO) and have led acquisitions, restructurings, carve outs and divestitures (including IPOs) of more than 60 companies on behalf of corporations (e.g. BASF SE), private equity firms as well as banking consortia. Over the past 12 years, I have been critically involved in the preservation of more than 40000 jobs.
I bring more than 30 years of operational business experience, including approximately 28 years as Managing Director / CFO / CRO / CEO for companies with revenues up to €3.7 billion. During this time I got to know more than 20 different industries intensively and gained broad international experience in all European countries incl. Turkey, as well as in SE-Asia, USA and Brazil. As an investor I am involved in young companies as well as in small- and midcaps.
My experience is my offer!
- Contact with private equity groups (e.g. Apax, TPG, Providence, KKR, JP Morgan, 3i, Silverfleet) as well as with banks
- Completion of 4 successful buy-and-build operations
- Successful management of 15 operational restructurings including refinancing (mostly after a covenant breach)
- Post merger integration in about 30 cases as well as carve outs
- IPO as well as supervisory board activities in listed companies
- Expert of the so-called "Loan Market Association" (LMA) standard for leverage buyout financings
- Investor in young companies - specialized in B2B
- Carve Outs
- Create growth conditions and implement them
See it, say it, fix it - is my motto!